- Wildlife - provides non-fragmented migration corridors, habitat and preying grounds for deer, owls, raptors, vultures, bats, coyote, and the occasional bear
- Aesthetics – preserves mountain backdrop from many viewpoints
- Recreation & health - convenient public access to adjacent urban and foot hills trails networks that contribute to decreasing health care costs through active citizenry
- Heritage – site of an old US Army fort, native Washoe ancient culture habitation, and historical agricultural ranch/ecological resource
- Environmental - protects water resources, flood dissipation, less fossil fuels relative to development , riparian (stream & wetland) habitat
- Size – large, contiguous lands are rare and provide greater quality benefit than smaller, dispersed areas
- Social - how do you like the view? would you like to hang and recreate there? community connections are critical to smart growth!
SOS Carson City supports acquisition of the Andersen Ranch to be preserved as green space (i.e., community or natural park) and oppose any requested zoning change, alteration or overlays to the existing zoning status to the ranch parcels. We are working hard toward this end, but we need your help!
Help out in one or more ways below...
SOS Carson City is circulating a petition related to this cause. We need to show that the community supports this cause in order to get the city on board with our pursuit before it is lost to development!
Note: you do not need to donate money to sign the petition. Proceeds from the online petition site do not benefit SOS Carson City.
Please contact SOS Carson City if you would like to volunteer at ANY capacity! Volunteers are needed for a variety of activities, particularly for gaining petition signatures and spreading the word about this cause.
Order a yard sign
Contact us to order a yard sign, or perhaps even a few for neighbor's & friend's. The more exposure, the greater attention, & the more likely we are to succeed in our cause! Include your address and we will drop them off.